Most PLDT Fibr subscribers use the default login credentials of their router/modem, which can be extremely vulnerable. This is why you should change your PLDT Fibr WiFi password as soon as possible.
Fibr is exactly what it sounds like, but what is it? The PLDT Fibr internet broadband plan uses fiber optic technology and can reach speeds of up to 1Gbps with equal upload and download speeds. Additionally, Fiberhome and Huawei offer Optical Network Units (ONUs) that connect to a fiber optic cable, which provides a strong and reliable Internet connection. The Unli Fibr plan offers 1299, 1699, 2099, 2799, 3799, 5799, and 9999 plans, along with Fibr Plus Plans 2399, Fibr Plus Plans 2999, 4099, 6099, and 9999.
PLDT Fibr subscribers should secure their networks especially when they become new subscribers. The PLDT Fibr modem comes with a default WiFi password and SSID printed at the bottom. Despite the easy access to these credentials, they are not safe due to a weakness found in the SSID pattern. To convert the wifi name, just take the last five digits and use the hex code/MAC table. With this new default password, your WiFi is now free for anyone to use. “PLDTWIFI + converted last 5 digits” is the default password. Below is a step-by-step guide for changing your PLDT Fibr password and name.
Steps On How You Can Change PLDT Fibr WiFi Password and SSID (2021)
- Open your browser (Google Chrome/Firefox) and go to 192.168.1.1 (PLDT Fibr default gateway address).
- Login to the admin dashboard by entering the following information.
PLDT Home Fibr admin login
- When logged in, you will be brought to PLDT Home Fibr’s admin dashboard. You can change your wireless name and password under the Wlan Settings by going to “Network.” You will be able to manage two bands here: the 2.4 GHz band and the 5 GHz band.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab and manage the 2.4Ghz network first. Fill out the “SSID Name” and “Passphrase” fields with your new WiFi name and password. Passwords should have a minimum of 12 alphanumeric characters, symbols, and Camel Casing (combined upper and lower case characters). The following values may not be familiar to you like SSID Choice, Security Mode, and WPA Algorithms, it is recommended not to change them. After you’ve entered your new wifi password and SSID for the 2.4G network, just click Apply to save changes. Change PLDT Fibr wifi password – for 2.4GHz network. Go to the 5GHz network tab, and follow the same steps as you did on the previous tab. Once you have entered the new password and SSID for the 5G network, click Apply to save your changes.
- Done! You can now logout from the dashboard.
The PLDT Fibr wireless router’s SSIDs and passwords need to be changed frequently to safeguard your wifi network. Also, monitoring users who connect to a network is a good practice. You can access the admin dashboard after logging in. By clicking Lan Status and selecting DHCP Clients List on the Status tab, you can see all connected devices on the network.
Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting
- What is the process to change the PLDT Fibr WiFi password and SSID for the first time?
You will be asked to provide information for the following fields when you log in to the admin dashboard via 192.168.1.1 for the first time:
PLDT Administrator – enter the default PLDT admin password of 1234 in the “Old Password” field (type in the previous administrator password if you have one). In the “New Password” and “New Password Confirmation” fields, enter the password you would like to use for the PLDT admin dashboard.
If you are connecting to a 2.4G network, fill out the “SSID Name,” “Password,” and “Password Confirm” fields with your desired WiFi name and password.
Use the 5G network’s SSID1 and password, which differ for identity and security reasons.
To save changes for initial setup, click “Apply.”
- Why am I unable to access 192.168.1.1?
PLDT Fibr routers come in different models; there’s Fiberhome ONU GPON and Huawei. Follow these simple steps to access your router’s wifi settings. The Windows button + R will open the command prompt window; type cmd in the input box and press Enter. If your Ethernet adapter is listed, type ipconfig to find the value of it. Default Gateway with numeric IP address something like 192.168.X.X. That will be the IP address that you need to enter into your browser in order to access your wifi settings.
- Error “Your connection is not private” occurs after entering 192.168.1.1
Click “Advanced” and select “Proceed to 192.168.1.1 (unsafe)” if you encounter the error “Your connection is not private” when using Chrome or Firefox.
- The login for admin/1234 doesn’t work
Here is a list of the default PLDT admin password and username. PLDT may alter the default admin accounts when they update their system. PLDT hotline 171 on your Smart/TNT phone is the number to call if you are unable to log into the admin dashboard using the default admin credentials.
- Where can I find detailed instructions on resetting the PLDT Fibr WiFi password?
Default wifi passwords can be reset if you forget them. Your router has a RESET button near the back. If possible, use a pin or another sharp object to hold down the reset button for 3-5 seconds, and then wait for it to reboot. Once you’ve finished the factory reset, you’re done. SSID and password are visible at the bottom of your router.